This makes a double batch. You will need two silicon egg bite molds and a steamer rack with a handle. Quantities are inexact, as I eyeballed volumes.
- 14 large eggs.
- Chopped veggies and/or meats, enough to fill each mold a little over 1/3 full. On this round of cooking, that came to 3 large crimini mushrooms and 1/4 of a red onion.
- Milk or half and half, to taste. I did not measure.
- About half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 cup water for instant pot
Add chopped veggies and/or meats to egg molds, filling each to just over 1/3 full.
Whisk eggs, milk, cheese, and salt and pepper together. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, add enough to each egg mold to bring it to just below the top edge.
Add one cup of water to the instant pot. Place one egg mold on the steamer rack and lower it into the instant pot. Put the lid on and make sure it’s on seal not vent. (Yes, I’ve forgotten to check about the vent position).
Cook for 10 minutes on pressure cook normal setting, then let natural vent for ten minutes.
Note: I’ve tried stacking the two egg molds on top of each other. It will turn out better if you don’t do that. It’s a bit messy that way, and the egg bites in the bottom mold get a bit squished.